It’s not what you know, or whom you know, but who knows you
Our Client’s Problem
The established culture within the organisation’s finance function was one of advocating technical expertise and ‘guidance when asked for’. All too often the response from other areas of the business was the function was actively blocking creativity and innovation and not demonstrating true partnership approaches to developing successful stakeholder projects.
There were clear indicators that a silo culture was in existence and this was further hindering the relationship between finance and the rest of the business.
The challenge for the organisation was around embedding a new culture of confident and aware business partnering throughout the finance function.
Our Bespoke Solution
- Pre-programme call with all participants to understand their specific learning objectives
- A series of 2 x 1-day modules exploring the stages of business partnering behaviours
- Forum Theatre: group exploration using professional business role-players
- Real-Play: participants practice behaviours and approaches
- Post programme 1-2-1 coaching support
Our Learning-by-doing approach
We designed a bespoke 2-module programme; incorporating industry-leading psychometric testing & feedback, personal 360-feedback reports, emotional intelligence and proven relationship and communication models and tools.
Each module explored the practical use of the models and tools. Allowing participants to try-them-on-for-size, comfort and fit. Developing authentic and confident approaches to managing client relationships.
We used the specialist skills of our business role-player actors and their ability to create real-life learning scenarios. Their first-person feedback gave participants the most valuable data rarely, if ever, given at work – how they came across and their interpersonal impact.
Forum theatre (group activity):
- Exploration of assertive partnering behaviours
- SDI (The Strength Deployment Inventory)
- Influencing and negotiation strategies
- Identifying conflict in relationships
- Giving world-class feedback using EEC
Real-play (individual session):
- Building high-quality rapport and trust
- Delivering world-class feedback
- Managing conflict
- Negotiating win-win outcomes
- Challenging Stakeholder Conversations
Peer feedback, reflection and 1-2-1 coaching
The learning value add
Greater awareness of personal impact and brand, engaging different people, communication strengths, challenging conversations, influencing behaviours and stakeholder engagement.
- A new culture of assertive, confident, emotionally intelligent finance business partners within the organization
- Participant feedback: 97% would recommend the programme to colleagues
- Personal action plans agreed and individuals supported by Senior Managers
- Measurable increase in employee satisfaction survey scores
- Employee Engagement improvement
The team from Corporate Drama has done an excellent job delivering our finance business partner development programmes. Their innovative programme design, using experiential learning approaches was excellent. They added real learning value by creating life-like business scenarios. The feedback from our participants was that the programme was relevant, highly valuable and thoroughly enjoyable. The Corporate Drama team and Mark Huggins remains a highly valued partner.
Here at Corporate Drama we develop authentic leaders, managers and teams. Our programmes re-energise, re-focus and re-engage your people. We dramatically transform workplace training leaving a measurable, visible impact throughout your entire organisation.
How can we help you and your people?
Or call 07976 720265