People who know what they’re talking about don’t need PowerPoint
Our Client’s Problem
The NEC Group is a live entertainment business with world-class expertise in venue and destination management.
Important then that the Senior Leadership team confidently communicated the vision and mission of the business to their people.
As in the case of many of our clients, there was an over-reliance on the use of PowerPoint. The message was getting lost and the leaders own brand was not being given space. In a world-class destination business this was seen as a missed opportunity, which needed addressing.
Our Bespoke Solution
- Pre-programme call with all participants to understand their specific learning objectives
- A series of 2-hour 1-2-1 coaching sessions exploring personal brand, impact, emotional intelligence and presentation techniques
- Completion of the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
- Real-Play: participants practice behaviours and approaches
- Post programme 1-2-1 coaching support
Please note: we also offer modular group versions of this programme
Our Learning-by-doing approach
We designed a bespoke programme; incorporating industry-leading psychometric testing & feedback, emotional intelligence and proven relationship and communication models and tools.
Each personal coaching session explored the practical use of the models and tools. Allowing the participant to try-them-on-for-size, comfort and fit. Developing authentic and confident approaches to presenting to audiences of varying sizes.
We used the specialist skills of our business role-player actors as audience members. Their first-person feedback gave participants the most valuable data rarely, if ever, given at work – how they came across and their interpersonal impact.
- Vocal confidence
- Presentation body-language
- Structuring your message
- Using metaphors and images
- How best to use slides, images and PowerPoint
- Simulated presentations and feedback
The learning value add
Greater awareness of personal impact and brand, engaging different people. Communication strengths in different leadership scenarios. Creating and delivering a powerful and compelling message.
- Understanding the behaviours required to be an engaging communicator
- Confident, dynamic presenters who represent their leadership brand when communicating
- More engaged audiences with a clear call-to-action
- Leaders who embody the organisation’s brand and values through their communication style
I thought I would drop you a line to say that all went well yesterday. I did not stand behind the lectern, I was in the centre of the stage and presented from there. Feedback has been really positive. One comment was: Irrespective of whether you were still nervous or not, it was not outwardly displayed. In fact it was incredibly controlled, natural and came across as effortless. Many thanks for all your guidance.
Allan Boyle, Director of Event Services, NEC Group
Here at Corporate Drama we develop authentic leaders, managers and teams. Our programmes re-energise, re-focus and re-engage your people. We dramatically transform workplace training leaving a measurable, visible impact throughout your entire organisation.
How can we help you and your people?
Or call 0208 088 2600