People buy from people they trust
Our Client’s Problem
Our client is a leading global accountancy firm with offices in London, Europe, USA, Hong Kong and Australasia.
The organisational culture was to recruit and/or promote technical specialists; people with excellent accountancy skills. This was limiting in terms of business development, as this population typically were reluctant to engage in selling, either their specific skills and expertise or their organisation. It was decided that following a development programme new competencies on business development would be added to role profiles and appropriate objectives set.
The challenge to the business was in developing a new culture of confident and successful business development within the specialist population.
Our Bespoke Solution
- Pre-programme call with all participants to understand their specific learning objectives
- A series of 3 x 1-day modules exploring business development skills and behaviours
- Forum Theatre: group exploration using professional business role-players
- Real-Play: participants practice behaviours and approaches
- Post programme 1-2-1 coaching support
Our Learning-by-doing approach
We designed a bespoke 3-module programme; incorporating industry-leading psychometric testing & feedback, proven sales techniques, emotional intelligence and proven relationship and communication models and tools.
Each module explored the practical use of the models and tools. Allowing participants to try-them-on-for-size, comfort and fit. Developing authentic and confident approaches to managing client relationships.
We used the specialist skills of our business role-player actors and their ability to create real-life learning scenarios. Their first-person feedback gave participants the most valuable data rarely, if ever, given at work – how they came across and their interpersonal impact.
Forum theatre (group activity):
- Exploration of buyer motivation and sellers approaches
- SDI (The Strength Deployment Inventory)
- Advocacy versus enquiry model
- Positioning features, advantages and benefits
- Networking master-class
Real-play (individual session):
- Building high-quality rapport and trust
- Developing an authentic selling style
- Managing the stakeholder relationship
- Challenging Stakeholder Conversations
Peer feedback, reflection and 1-2-1 coaching
The learning value add
Greater awareness of personal impact and brand, engaging and selling to different people, communication strengths, challenging conversations, influencing behaviours and stakeholder engagement.
- A new culture of confident, emotionally intelligent accountants with the skills to engage in successful business development conversations
- 8% increase in new business won in the 6-montsh post programme
- Participant feedback: 98% would recommend the programme to colleagues
- Personal action plans agreed and individuals supported by Senior Managers
- Measurable increase in employee satisfaction survey scores
- Employee Engagement improvement
Corporate Drama’s training programmes helped our people gain new clients in today’s increasingly competitive and evolving market. Their innovative approach in using business actors, exploring behaviour in a practical, experiential way made all the difference to our learner’s experience. We have already noticed a significant improvement on new business won and in the retention of existing clients. I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending Corporate Drama’s approach.
Here at Corporate Drama we develop authentic leaders, managers and teams. Our programmes re-energise, re-focus and re-engage your people. We dramatically transform workplace training leaving a measurable, visible impact throughout your entire organisation.
How can we help you and your people?
Or call 0208 088 2600